16 February 2010

Letter from Abroad (for 2010's yearbook)

This is what I was wrote for exchange student's section on my yearbook on Gema Cinta Smandel 2010 :

"Hola 2010...

It hasn't been a short time for me to think about what I want to write. Experiences and thoughts just threw up so overwhelmed that I can't choose just one of them to share with you guys. Anyway, because this is a letter, I just wanna tell that I'm doing pretty good job here, so does my hostfamily here. At most, I got so much new experiences that sometimes make me think that we're living in very big diversity, even in my home right here in Taylor, Michigan, with mix American-Indonesian family with my Indonesian host mother, which you can figure is a lot easier for me to learn how to adjust with all stuffs that I have to deal with during my exchange year.

After giving a presentation about Indonesia
-Polk Elementary School-

Fun stuffs also come along as my time went by. From coolest homecoming game and dance, first trick and treating during halloween, first unbelievably-big-turkey dinner at Thanksgiving, first snow happened in my lifetime, first christmas eve, extravagant new years eve and so forth. And also I got trip to Washington DC by winning a video competition which held by AFS. Everything seems just happen to me as wind blow in chilly winter, steady addictive. One sheet of paper won't never enough to describe how's my life going on here. Learning differences and similarities are such a challenge which I love live in challenge.

Despite of all, I also thank to my all dear friend in 2010. Your supports and helps generate a big spirit within myself. Nothing much more I could say beside a little prayer that I sent to you guys for getting a best way for your own futures.

Keep breathing and stay bless. Hasta luego


Arief Budiman
Exchange Student to USA"

No comments: