28 February 2010

Indonesian Cultural Night 2010

I think I was mentioned from a stories before about I joined Indonesian Cultural Night at University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. Well, that was amazing. I was performed Saman dance. We weren't really good on it since we weren't really dancers and been practised just 5 weeks prior to the event (hey you know what? 5 weeks in which practices once a week on thursday). But anyway those 'bules' don't know what we were doing even there were couple mistakes we done.

Alright, that was 2 months ago when one of the Permias (Persatuan Mahasiswa Indonesia-Amerika Serikat) officer in University of Michigan called me and was asking me to taking part of this event. Sure can, I always available for represent my country within bunch of proud. So every Thursday we got to practice at 8-10 pm at University of Michigan (U of M). Meet tons of Indonesia study over there, mostly they're taking bachelor degree here.

Very short, D-day was coming up and we prepared for such a great performance (hopefully). Unexpectedly, my move were messed up during the performance, that was horrible, BUT I don't know why we got the biggest ovation amongst any performances was performed.

That was a golden chance that fortunately I got while I'm here, so I don't have to be bothered with thinking about present my country by myself, because I had bunch companies for present my country collectively.

The Aftershow

With General Consulate and The Whole Crew

No comments: