16 February 2010

John Mayer's Concert

As I was briefly said on two previous post, I was attending John Mayer's Concert here in Michigan. That was a long story I would to tell you why I was ended up watching his concert and having another company to watch it with me. It begun two months ago, when I was searched something to watch here either in Detroit or another place nearby.

Then I found those creatures, "Lady Gaga?","Meh (though my friend told me her concert's ticket was sold out on two days sale)","Taylor Swift?","Umm, if I don't have any choices","Owl City?","Put on my list, please!","John Mayer?","Oh cool, put it him on as well!".

I was finished my research. After thousands considerations, I pick either John Mayer or Owl City, I think you can figure it out on the last paragraph though. But anyway, since Owl City will have their concert on April or May, I feel that will be too late and I bet I'll be real busy on that remaining months (grief). So, the big checklist scratches on John Mayer's name.

I talked to my host family about this decision. First response said, "Cool!", then continued by, "Whom are you going with?". I was stuck. "I don't know yet, but I can figure out soon, sooner."

I was asking around the school. I figured that just a few people know who is Mr. Mayer. Then some people that I knew he/she knows him, thought they couldn't come because the bad timing and relatively expensive ticket. Oh well, it wasn't meant to be my event.

Then I drove myself to anything else. Yea, something will coming up soon. Indonesian Cultural Night will be held on University of Michigan. I never let any opportunities just passing through on my eyes without taking it. I took a part as saman dancer with another student of U of M from Indonesia and my another exchange friend, Putu which hosted in Dexter, MI.

Mingled to new people, as a part of socialize. Knowing new people from any background was a pleasure. Then I know all of 'em. One of them willingly get me pick-ups and drop-offs on the next practices, his name is Alvin. The on another pick-up, I listening to his music, and dang! He listens to John Mayer's song. I asked him if he will watching his concert, and he said, "Oh, I just bought the ticket on-line last night." Yea I got company. Then our business getting smoothly until the concert came couple days ago.

Here's the video and couple pictures how great that Friday Night :

Despite of his stupid acts, he was a great performer. Salute


That night was flow really fast.


I heart this song

Arief Budiman